The Need for Change
Cubicle curtains are useful for providing patients with privacy while they are recovering and receiving treatment. But, as most infection preventionists know, they are also a vehicle for pathogens and therefore, must be handled properly in order to minimize the spread of bacteria. The curtains can harbor deadly infectious diseases such as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE).
Is your healthcare facility strong in the fight against infection? Unfortunately, 55% of infection preventionists and medical leaders don’t feel that their facility’s environmental services department have the adequate resources to avoid the spread of healthcare-acquired infections (HAIs), as found in a survey that was performed by Infection Control Today.
As a patient-perception-focused medical laundry provider, we understand the goal of healthcare facilities and strive to help make a positive difference in their productivity. We know you are always on the lookout for effective and affordable measures for preventing infection and we just might be the change you are looking for. Have you heard about our Cubicle Curtain Program?
It is a cost-effective renting, delivering and cleaning service of cubicle curtains that meets infection prevention standards of the industry. Trust us - our processes for being infection prevention compliant is not like other laundry providers. We are on your side!
What is the Cubicle Curtain Program and How Does it Work?
In the Curtain Cubicle Program, we use a unique process to sanitize and handle contaminated curtains. It is really easy and allows you to have more time to focus on your patients as well as other aspects that need attention. First, you select the size and fabric of the rental cubicle curtain product you’d like, so that patients can be greeted with a uniform and pleasing room appearance that matches your facility. Then, our associates come and install the curtains. From then on, we take care of replacing and removing the cubicle curtains to have them properly cleaned. Your staff is then clear of worrying about and handling contaminated curtains.
How do you clean your cubicle curtains? After just one week of being hung, a cubicle curtain can be crawling with bacteria, especially ones that are not cleaned or changed routinely, as discovered in a research study that was carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. If you want to get a leg up on preventing the spread of infection, our Cubicle Curtain Program can help.
Here’s how the Cubicle Curtain Program can benefit your healthcare facility:
- The burden of handling contaminated cubicle curtains is relieved from the staff
- The curtain products are designed so that they can be replaced quickly
- The curtain product rentals are replaced, powerfully sanitized, and returned
- There is a variety of panel designs from which to choose
- Up to 99.999% of bacteria are killed through our Triple BioShield Protection process as part of our infection prevention system for cleaning cubicle curtains
- The curtains are applied with a protective coating and softener that halts bacteria from spreading
- The curtains are delivered in a plastic barrier by quantity to ensure they remain clean
- The program has no upfront costs
- Clear documentation is provided showing proof of infection prevention compliance
- No ladder is needed to change the curtains
Minimize the risk of patients or staff falling ill due to HAIs by signing up for our Cubicle Curtain program. We also specialize in providing laundry products such as towels, robes, bed linens, gowns, scrubs and uniforms in NJ. Visit our website for more information about our remarkable services.